Pled to DUI, murder

By Amanda L. Snyder
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 2 | Posted Mar. 8, 2012

Share this Story:

Duane Crump

A North Philly man who killed a pregnant woman after crashing his car outside of a Point Breeze club pled guilty.

Duane Crump, 25, was driving under the influence when he got into an argument with a group of woman near 22nd and Titan streets, so he struck them with his auto pinning Kamilah El-Amin, 22, of the 1400 block of South 21st Street, under the car at 2 a.m. Sept. 19, 2009, police said. El-Amin, who was eight weeks pregnant, died two days later at a Delaware County Hospital. One of the other women sustained minor injuries.

Crump pled guilty Feb. 22, according to court records. He will serve six-and-a-half to 13 years for 3rd degree murder, which will run concurrently to a three- to six-year term in jail for homicide by vehicle and driving under the influence. He also will serve a year on probation.

Contact Managing Editor Amanda L. Snyder at or ext. 117.

Add to favoritesAdd to Favorites PrintPrint Send to friendSend to Friend


Comments 1 - 2 of 2
Report Violation

1. Jesus said... on Mar 9, 2012 at 05:49PM

“a pregnant woman was out at a club at 2am. hmmm.”

Report Violation

2. Tina said... on Dec 16, 2012 at 05:39PM

“He's a murderer, he killed 2 innocent people, he deserves the death penalty!”


(HTML and URLs prohibited)

Related Content

Vehicular homicide suspect surrenders
By Lorraine Gennaro

A 22-year-old pregnant woman is dead and her friend injured after a North Philly man allegedly ran his car into their group during an argument outside a Point Breeze club. Duane Crump Accompanied by his attorney, Duane Crump, 23, surrendered Sept. 25 at Police Headquarters, Eighth and Race streets, Homicide Capt. James Clark said. Kamilah El-Amin, 22, from the 1400 block of South 21st Street, died Sept. 21 at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Delaware County from injuries she sustained two days earlier when Crump allegedly rammed his car into her and three of her female friends, Clark said. The suspect was driving near 22nd and Titan streets at about 2 a.m. Sept. 19 when he got into a verbal altercation with the women, who were leaving the 22nd Street Café, the captain said. One of El-Amin's 22-year-old friends went to the same hospital in stable condition, but police did not provide details on her injuries. The other two women escaped harm. El-Amin, who was about eight weeks along, was pinned under the suspect's car as he fled the scene on foot, only to be nabbed a few blocks away and charged with aggravated assault and DUI, Clark said. When El-Amin died two days later, charges against...